Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taking your business online

I'm in the process of creating a website for The Small Business Success Guide. Having an online presence is such a vital marketing tool for all small businesses, and my book is no different.

The words of two of my 'brains trust' from The Small Business Success Guide keep ringing in my ears. "Consider where you want to be in five years' time and try and make sure that the website will grow with you," said Sharri Boucher of Jakiti Design. Then this from Michelle Gamble of Marketing Angels: "If you don't spend time on it and do it properly, it's a bit like having the TV turned on with the sound turned down."

So before any designs happen, I'm intent on working out how my online strategy fits in with my broader business goals. Using a dynamic website as my 'shopfront' and then social media elements such as this blog and Twitter to spread the word, will certainly stand my business in good stead for a sustainable future.

Stay tuned!

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment